In 2020 FSSI is continuing to work with key partners to deliver and evaluate a suite of projects designed to support the growth, quality and adaptation of social service workforce. These projects include:
- Leading the design and implementation of Higher Apprenticeships for the social service sector;
- Supporting the implementation of the Community Traineeships Pilot Program;
- Delivering the Leadership Intensive Program to three new cohorts of family violence leaders;
- Engaging our Leadership Network through curated online content and events; and
- Building the evidence base through evaluation of programs;
- Undertake applied research projects aligned to sector interests and needs; and
- Support our PhDs scholars to expand the evidence base through in areas of sector interest.
Our 2020 work builds on work undertaken between 2016 and 2019 including:
- A scholarship and support program for new entrants to the sector including wrap-around support;
- The NDIS Future Workforce Capability Project to redesign the curriculum for the Certificate III in Individual Support to prepare graduates to work in the NDIS environment;
- Research projects focused on the reduction of restrictive practices and community capacity building;
- An Executive Masterclass program to build leadership capability using responsive curriculum model; and
- Development of reports and submissions highlighting challenges facing the social service sector and putting forward recommendations to address these challenges.