The current 2018 FSSI Executive Masterclass stream has been filled.
Please subscribe to the Future Social Service Institute bulletin for further updates on upcoming Masterclass events.
Adapting and thriving in an environment of dynamic change and disruption
Social services are working in an environment of dynamic change and disruption.
Government policy shifts, new funding rules and rapidly rising demand for services all mean organisations need to adapt and develop, while still delivering strong outcomes for service users and communities.
Key trends include:
- greater competition
- client-directed care and person-centred funding approaches
- digital disruption
- outcomes measurement
- workforce and skills demands.
The Executive Masterclass Program supports executives and senior managers in not-for-profit community sector organisations to adapt to the changing environment and learn new skills to benefit their organisations and clients.
ABOUT THE MASTERCLASS
- Features leading thinkers who ‘span the boundaries’ of government, academia and the social service sector.
- Topics and methodology are co-produced with participants to meet their needs.
- Four half-day sessions, held over 12 weeks with pre-reading and discussion.
- Participants work with peers and leading thinkers in small groups.
DEVELOPED IN PARTNERSHIP
Masterclass participants help co-design session content, based on the real needs their organisations face. Key topics in previous programs have included:
- Influential leadership
- The social economy – what is it? – and why is it so important to the sector?
- Implications of marketisation
- Business and funding models for the new environment
- Building person-centred services
- Connecting with government
- Strategic communications
- Marketing and positioning in a competitive environment
- Digital disruption
- Productive Board and senior leadership relationships