Change lives, while changing your own
The Future Social Service Institute is offering scholarships for eligible people to complete a nationally accredited Cert III program at RMIT University in Melbourne, starting in July 2018.
CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support with specialisations in Disability and Ageing
- 100% free tuition for the Certificate III at a world class, industry recognised university.
- Workshops held 2 days a week (Mondays and Tuesdays) for 12 months at RMIT University’s Melbourne CBD campus.
- Full support to undertake 150 hours of work placement, gaining hands-on experience at reputable social service organisations.
- Additional specialist content provided by Women with Disabilities Victoria and Victorian Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisations, as well as Experts by Experience.
Who can apply?
Scholarships are aimed at the following groups:
- Young people (under 30)
- People from a culturally or linguistically diverse background
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- People with disability
- People looking to change careers.
The program is subsidised by the Victorian Government. To be eligible for a government subsidised place, you must meet the Victorian State Government eligibility criteria, which includes location, citizenship, age and education history.
- Apply by: 24 June, 2018
- Information session: 2 July 2018
- Program duration: July 2018 – June 2019
About the Certificate III
The disability and aged care sectors are two of the fastest growing industries in Australia. At a time of economic uncertainty these industries provide jobs for people willing to step up, develop practical skills and build their knowledge base.
Studying the Certificate III in Individual Support puts you in a strong position to work in a number of emerging and exciting roles, including:
- Disability Support Officer
- Personal Care Assistant
- Home Care Worker
- School Support Officer (Disability)
- Family Support Worker
- Accommodation Support Worker
- Community House Worker
- Planned Activity Assistant
RMIT University offers you the chance to move from one program to another through the Pathways program.
What you do now through a Cert III scholarship can be used toward another program of study with RMIT in the future. This may reduce the duration of your program and save you money.
For example, completing a Cert III could support you to move into a Certificate IV, or Diploma in Disability Studies, Community Sector Management or Nursing, and then even towards an undergraduate degree.
Help shape the future
During and after your study RMIT researchers will ask you about your experiences. Your feedback will help us to plan new and better programs and develop the social service workforce. See what our 2017 participants had to say.
“This journey has enriched, challenged and opened new doors for my second career, which I may never have pursued had I not chanced upon this scholarship.”
– 2017 Scholarship Student
For more information contact:
VE Program Manager
Future Social Service Institute