Social services are working in an environment of dynamic change and disruption.
Government policy shifts, new funding rules and rapidly rising demand for services all mean organisations need to adapt and develop, while still delivering strong outcomes for service users and communities.
Key trends include:
- greater competition
- client-directed care and person-centred funding approaches
- digital disruption
- outcomes measurement
- workforce and skills demands.
The Executive Masterclass Program supports executives and senior managers in not-for-profit community sector organisations to adapt to the changing environment and learn new skills to benefit their organisations and clients.
ABOUT THE MASTERCLASS
- Features leading thinkers who ‘span the boundaries’ of government, academia and the social service sector.
- Topics and methodology are co-produced with participants to meet their needs.
- Four half-day sessions, held over 12 weeks with pre-reading and discussion.
- Participants work with peers and leading thinkers in small groups.
- Maximum of 20 participants.
DEVELOPED IN PARTNERSHIP
Masterclass participants help co-design session content, based on the real needs their organisations face. Key topics in the 2017 program included:
- Influential leadership
- The social economy – what is it? – and why is it so important to the sector?
- Implications of marketisation
- Business and funding models for the new environment
- Building person-centred services
- Connecting with government
- Strategic communications
- Marketing and positioning in a competitive environment
- Digital disruption
- Productive Board and senior leadership relationships
We limit the group to 20 leaders with a balance of shared interests and diverse backgrounds from across the social services. As such, not all applications may be accepted, or applicants may be invited to join a group starting later in the year.
2018 DATES & TIMES
- Friday 9 February, 9am – 1.30pm
- Friday 9 March, 9am – 1.30pm
- Friday 20 April, 9am – 1.30pm
- Friday 18 May, 9am – 1.30pm
Each session ends at 1pm, followed by lunch
VCOSS Members $1250
Inclusive of GST
Building 13 (Emily McPherson College)
405 Russell Street, Melbourne